Graduation Gift (DIY Project)

by - December 09, 2017



Some friends graduated in August this year and I want to make something simple but hopefully meaningful for them. I was in the mood to do some DIY project that time. So I prepare those simple gifts for them.

I made that very very simple pop-up (if it can consider as a pop-up) for Athia, my KKN team-mate who had also attended the same faculty with me, a friend who always open her 'kos' door anytime I need to 'numpang bobok' hehe. I made the pop-up in ocean theme to remind her about our glorious KKN days, living a beach-life in Seliu island. I also put "KKN Seliu 2015" logo on it. And she loves it so much! I'm so happy knowing her so enthusiast with the gift :)

I also made six flower bouquet for the others friends. I bought the flower, what flower is that? I think it was chrysanthemum or what...do you have a clue? Hahaha, I do not know exactly what kind of flower is that I just go to the florist and I think this yellow flower is eye-catching so I buy it. In Jogja flower bouquet usually being wrapped using plastic but I don't like it. Meanwhile, if you order florist who provides paper to wrap it, it will little bit pricey. So I buy some black papers to make contrast color with the flower and wrap the bouquet by my self. I think my DIY flower bouquets is not so bad hehe. Of course, I put some personal message for them, a different message for each person.

One for Voila, my KKN friend who is very very kind, humble, and smart. That one person who always spread positive energy. One for A'yun, my friend in pesantren who is also hafidzoh, a kind person and who I adore so much. One for Indrawan, my partner during my internship in Media Fisipol. It is great to collaborate with him making some social media contents with hashtag #RisetFisipol. Indra is now taking his master degree in one of the best uni in Southeast Asia, Chulalongkorn University. Another bouquet is for Sabrina, my se-per-Magelang-an friend. One for Rizka, the girl who works the office is next to my office room. And also for Tita, my friend who is also my lecture's daughter.

(pic source)

Because I made six bouquets something silly yet funny happened. The bouquet for Sabrina and Rizka was tertukar....and I realize it when I wanna give the last bouquet for Sabrina. Suddenly I read the message on it and it wrote "Rizka, S.IP." instead of "Sabrina, S.Si.". Feel shocked and wanna laugh at the same time, so I contacted Rizka for apologizing and send her the right "message". The girl who shows me Baby Shark video which is the song ringing in my ears a whole day long, just laughing and forgive me. Hahaha, thank you. And the last bouquet, I change the message on it before giving it to Sabrina. So, I didn't just give the "Rizka, S.IP." bouquet for Sabrina hehehe.


So, that's all I wanna tell you about  my very very simple DIY project that I made for my friends's graduation gift. What do you think of it? Have you ever receive a DIY Project gift or...what is your latest DIY project? Share with me if you do not mind :D


Kamis, 7 Desember 2017 

You May Also Like

0 comments