Consistency

by - July 11, 2020

Hai, blog...I miss you. I miss writing here. I miss the consistency that I had in 2016-2018. In those years I can at least post once in two weeks. Now, I realize that consistency is not easy and I really proud of 2016-2018 Nurul for her consistency and passion about writing on her own blog. In those years, some of my KKN friends and I have a writing project called INKspiration. On that project, the members have to upload an article on their blog every two weeks. This project lifted my spirit up at first, it triggered me and at the same time 'force' me in a good way, thank you to Vempi Satriya for initiating this small project (that no longer exists anymore hahaha). But one day I found myself gladly doing all the blogging process. It suddenly not about INKspiration anymore, it's about me want to express what's on my mind, it's about me wanting to share some things that I found exciting to you, and I want to make my blog as my diary. That's it. And...I really make time for that, wholeheartedly, not just accidentally doing. Maybe that's true, someone once told me, sometimes we need to be forced to do something until we used to it.


Blogging, even it sounds something effortless, it actually doesn't. Well, at least for me. It needs serious "work" until an article published and displayed in your browser apps. Sometimes, I just write what's on my mind, sometimes I just write based on my real experiences such as travel story or KKN, but sometimes the thing that I wanna post here needs some "research" too. After finishing the article, there is an editing process, I read those paragraph so many times until I feel satisfied before I click that "publish" button.

I also love to serve some photos on my blog post so it didn't feel boring. I deliberately making time to take the best picture for it, editing the pic, and thinking about the caption before inserting it on my post. When it comes to writing Hallyu related (like K-Drama, K-Movie, or K-Variety Show), the process of taking photos substituted by searching the best picture on the internet and also save the link source so I can embed the source on the bottom of my pic. I also work with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to make my article becomes unique and more visible on google. I really enjoy all the processes and me really proud of my 'hard work' that I put there.

Unfortunately, it feels difficult to write here consistently in these past few months...well, it's been a half past year to be exact. Looking at my blog archive and see how different the number of posts written in 2016-2018 compared with 2019-2020. I have so many ideas, but so little time. Maybe I just spend too much time scrolling my phone, juggling from one app to another. But of course, that's not the main reason, some psychological conditions were the reason why my blog is on its sleeping mode. There are times when I didn't "attached" that much to the phone, the time when I was with that one person. A person who made the reality was much beautiful and only want to enjoy the presence. There are times when I struggle with health issues. Two thousand and nine is a year when I undergo three surgeries in a year. There are also some times when I feel mentally and physically exhausted about life, felt so low until I considered going to the psychologist since there is big Rumah Sakit Jiwa in town (but don't worry I can handle myself well now, I feel alive anymore). For now, I a little bit busy doing the handmade business that I just started. I focus on how to make this business project work, still do some trials and errors to find suitable way to run it and still try to find the right rhythm about balancing a day job with my handmade business (that, of course, need a couple of times just to finish one product). The struggle of organizing time doesn't only about job-related but I also need to find the rhythm about doing my household, self-care, and spiritual needs. So, yeah...that's maybe the explanation about why I rarely post on this blog.

I really miss writing here. But at least for now, I cannot promise you anything about writing, I only promise I'll do my best to live life to the fullest. I hope I can find the right rhythm, the best tempo, to do all that I want to do in my life...and write here again is always on my list.
Stay safe, stay healthy. I'll see you soon!

Magelang | July 11, 2020.
Wanna thanks myself for the courage
and the ability to handle the pain,
without you here.

You May Also Like

0 comments