I Still Believe in Kindness

by - March 23, 2016

I hope this post inspire you, to do kindness.

About a month ago, after some busy weeks doing my thesis, I decide to entertain myself by going to the bookstore. I even don't know what kind of book I want to buy, maybe a cute magazine, or lovely journal, or something else. You know, I just need to go, buy something nice, and...be happy for having that stuff hahaha. Then, I found some eye-catching books in New Entry Book Shelf, the cover was fuschia with the silver font on it. I came and read the title, "88 Love Life" by Diana Rikasari. Wow, this is the book that recommended by my friend, Fatimaharani, several months ago I think. The writer was Diana Rikasari, one of the Indonesian blogger who inspires me so much to make this blog. I often visit her blog when I was in high school. So, I open the book and again, wow, the design inside it is enough cute, read some pages of this and...yeah, I've to buy it. So, I go the cashier, pay it, bring it home. Read it page by page, try to understand those short sentences with very deep meaning, and I found this....


I think this is true. Not all people will like us, the are some people that maybe hate us, with or without any reason. Their words or acts to us have hurt us, judge us, and maybe they just take us for granted. But, I agree with Diana Rikasari, that's not our problem, that's their problem. Maybe the people who don't like us just look at your Instagram photos, find some our tweet in Twitter, or etc and judge us by those things, not even know us well. The people also can be a person that you've known for a long time, knowing your weakness and blinded by that, he/she cannot see the good things in you, just the negativity. Or someone who once found you doing something wrong and not even want to see your good side anymore. Or they just envy for something we have.

I think what we can do is to be kind to them, to everyone we meet and appreciate them. Do not hate them back, just smile and be yourself. Be true to yourself, let them know who we were. Maybe they just see the negativity because they haven't known us yet. We do not need to be influenced by what they're saying and doing the same thing that they did to us. You can either be kind to them or let them say whatever they want to say, just don't care. Remember, you do not need to prove anything to anyone, except yourselves. 

Do not put too much hatred to someone. The more you hate, the more it will destroy your peace. And it's scary if you want to find the weakness or the bad side or someone just to take them down, but what you find just their goodness, their positivities, and their nice thoughts. Isn't that fact will kill you slowly?? So, let's spread kindness and have a peaceful mind. We never know who will we need in the future :)

"88 Love Life" by Diana Rikasari and Dinda

Last, I recommended to everyone who read this to visit Diana Rikasari Blog sometimes, she's inspiring. Perhaps, you can be inspired to by reading her thoughts. Or you can buy this lovely book soon to escape a while from your thesis, your busy activities, etc heheh :) 

Strong people doesn't take you down, they lift you up.
Strong people never underestimate,
strong people encourage :)



I hope this article inspire you :)
Magelang | March 23, 2016 heavy rain outside...

You May Also Like

0 comments